Wednesday 29 January 2014

A feel good quilt

I really wanted the song for today to be 'It's a new dawn, it's a new day.....and I'm feeling good!' And although it started off a bit wobbly, it did improve and ended up pretty good.

It helped that, instead of diving straight back in with Theo's pig of a quilt, I started off by finishing this quilt top instead.


It began back here as my antidote to Theo's quilt and it certainly worked that way today too. It's been my feel good quilt so far! It was incredibly simple but I really like it. And I've got a very clear idea of how I want to quilt it too. The one thing I'm still not sure on is the binding. Last chance to help me out here - do I go with a safe, plain yellow, or a more daring contrast (torquiose or purple perhaps?) or go with the black and white fabric I've been leaning towards?

What do you think?

I think I'll play around with this kind of idea for a quilt again in the near future, but in a more random way. I really like different views of the quilt when it's not all spread out, when it is looking more random.





And the cat is a fan too!


Linking up with Freshly Pieced again today for WIP Wednesday. And I'll be back again tomorrow, Sally.



10 comments:

  1. Love that quilt. The black and white dots would give it such a punch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's been really good to make, and after some comment encouragement I'm going with the black and white binding. If it works I'll take all the credit and if it doesn't I'll blame all of you!

      Delete
  2. That is awesome! I think the black and white would be a great finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm feeling confident about the black and white after a few positive comments now, so it's going to happen!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on finishing the top, it looks great! I really like that black and white fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ive been needing some reassurance to go with the black and white!

      Delete
  4. That looks awesome! I'd say black and white will look great. Although I also think turquoise would be pretty great too :) sorry I'm no help!!
    I'm plugging away finishing the one for a UK friend - I'm a bit stop start, but my machine needs a service so is going away at the weekend ..... Must finish ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, it's always sad when your machine has to go away! Looking forward to seeing your quilt so hope you get a bit of a run at it. Hard with children around though, I know!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the serene and calm look of the quilt. It's the quilt I would chose to cuddle under while I was reading a good book. I'm leaning towards the black and white fabric, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!