Thursday 20 February 2014

A finished quilt and some sunshine

We had some sunshine today, hurray! As well as getting outside to play and have fun, it meant I did get to photograph my finished quilt. Here it is:

Started way back here

I quilted it with 6 biggish spirals starting at each of my middle joins. You can see them a bit more clearly on this next photo, although you can also see all the creases that I obviously didn't iron out well enough!




And I went with the black and white spotty fabric for the binding...

It didn't have as much impact as I'd thought it might, I think perhaps I should have made it a little wider, but then again I quite like that it doesn't distract too much from the simple and fresh yellow/white colours.

I'm linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday over on 'My Quilt Infatuation' today, and I'll be back tomorrow with a photo.

Sally.


4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I love the simple design and the spiral quilting is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is super cool! I love the bold stripes, and the spiral quilting against the squares. awesome!

    I'm so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is delightful. Love those spirals - and I really like the binding, it's cool but understated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this one! It makes me think of a beach house...love the yellow and white stripes, and the spiral quilting adds such interest. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!