Thursday 27 February 2014

Patchwork Cushions, Take 3

The cushion making spree has continued today. I was very good and finished off my 2 cushion fronts from the last couple of days (here and here). Sunshine cushion first:


I decided I would add a blue border, and I'm happy I did, but it has now made it quite a large cushion!




Next up my strippy patchwork one:



I did them both with 'envelope' backs, which is by far my favourite way to go, fiddling around with zips really doesn't appeal to me. And then I just about had time to move on to another cushion front.



This one is in denim (old pair of jeans cut up!). I machine embroidered a simple daisy:


And then built it up with an off centre log cabin. The lighter fabric is just the 'wrong' side of the denim, which was a very easy way of varying the colour.

All these cushions are destined for a local fundraising event coming up in May, which two of my very good friends are organising. You might remember it from last year as well - back here. It will be a cake making competition (the 'Bake Off'), and once the cakes have been judged we'll eat them all, and there'll be lots of handmade items for sale as well. So I'm trying to be organised this year and get some making done for it in plenty of time. And if anyone has any amazing cake recipe that is sure to wow the judges, please tell me about it - because I want to win this year!

I'm linking up with 2 other blogs today, the lovely My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday as I've done for the last couple of weeks, and also Amy's Creative Side, where there's a 'Pillow Collective' going on, so if you'd like a few more ideas on pillows (cushions to me here in England!), head on over there.

I'll be back tomorrow with my 'moment' of the week in a photo,

Sally.

7 comments:

  1. We love you and bow down to your organisation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful... I LOVE the first one with the sun-like design. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what beautiful pillows!!! I can't pick a favorite. I love the simplicity of the daisy on an old swatch of denim, but the sun burst with blue trim...so spring and bright, and, of course, the stripey patchwork is so classic and cheery. Beautiful work...I'm sure they will greatly benefit the fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that daisy! And of course you know I love the sun burst :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pillows!! I love the string one- but that's because I just love scrappy things!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your pillows, such creative designs!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!