Wednesday 9 April 2014

Outdoor time

There's not been a whole lot of sewing going on around here over the last week or so. I did have high hopes of accomplishing lots of things today - tidying the house as well as sewing! But, alas, the hopes came to nothing - on both counts! So today, it's going to be much more of a family blog than a making blog, because what we have been doing is enjoying some outdoor Spring time. It's been quite cold but reasonably dry, with even a fair bit of sunshine, so beaches and rivers have been calling us.




















I did manage to sew a few buttons on a couple of small projects that have been waiting to be finished for ages. Do you remember the cuff bracelets I made with my leftover fabric the other week? Venetia put in a request for a butterfly version that she helped design.


And this time I fastened it with a couple of flat pieces of elastic.


And in my new found, equal rights for moths zeal, I decided we'd better make a moth version too.



And on this one, I overcame my dislike of sewing button holes...


By the way, my half finished moth project is getting a little closer to completion, a day or two of rain would probably do it! 

See you tomorrow,

Sally.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day! I love the little peek of a fun family day, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great eye for taking the right photo. It may help that your models are so spectacular. The bracelet is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smiles on your kids are great! They look like they are having such a good time, in spite of the cold. They don't seem to mind going bare foot and playing in the water even if the temperatures are cold. Good for them!!! And, oh, the green grass...how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!