Monday 4 January 2016

Perhaps the perfect gift to make - Infinity Scarves!

A late Happy Christmas and a late Happy New Year! I hope both were good to you, and have left you with lots of happy memories. It's been so long since I've written anything here that it's feeling quite strange. This has not been due to any calamities which have befallen us, or even general hectic life happenings. It's just been down to a complete lack of internet connection, very boring I'm afraid. Our internet is never good but at the beginning of November it got considerably worse, as did our phone line, and despite (or perhaps because of!) numerous engineer attempts to repair our line, it continued to deteriorate and December was almost completely an internet write off. Today is the first day for weeks I've been able to do anything at all on here, although loading my e-mails or even trying to comment on anyone else's blogs sadly both seem to be too much for the limited connection we do have. Another engineer is due tomorrow, and we've been told he will definitely be able to fix our problem (ha!), so fingers crossed I may get back to normal soon.

In the meantime a speedy post before it's completely gone again! This Christmas was definitely the Christmas of scarf making. And I think maybe my new favourite gift to make could be an infinity scarf. Pam over at Threading My Way introduced me to the idea of sewing these a while back with this post which has lots of great Infinity Scarf sewing links. So, it's obviously too late for this Christmas (sorry!), but if you're looking for future gift ideas to make then I'd definitely recommend giving them a go. Here's my Christmas collection!


These were all made from old, silk saris, not the easiest things to sew with but perfect for these, especially as the sewing required is fairly minimal and straightforward.




And Venetia put up with modelling a few for me to show them in action too...




Did you have a particular gift you made this year that worked really well which you can now share for me to squirrel away as ideas for next year's Christmas making?

Sally.

11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too before your internet dies again! I love your rainbow of scarves they look absolutely stunning! As for a quick Christmas gift suggestion, well knitted crowns were my salvation this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarves look so soft and cuddly. What a brilliant idea. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and are enjoying a good start to 2016. If nothing else, a lack of internet connection probably reinforced a good family connection, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarves look great Sally, what a wonderful gift. Happy New Year to you and your family. Hope it is filled with many good things. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear your internet has been so hokey! Regardless, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too! :) This year was a Christmas of notebook covers on my end. I bought cheap composition books and made a cover to suit each child in the family. Super easy and fairly quick, couldn't beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaagh! Just don't talk to me about internet connections - in this day and age you'd think it should all really be a little bit better than it actually is! So frustrating! Anyway, onto a nicer subject - those scarves are just delicious. Especially on such a sweet little model! Happy New Year to you all. xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so much fun! I'M definitely keeping these in mind for next year for sure... I wish I could share some great ideas from this year for you, but I did a lot more knitting than sewing this year. But I promised myself 2016 will be the year of sewn gifts so I'll get back to you on that!

    Happy New Year dear Sally. Wishing you all the best xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome idea to use silk saris, Sally. They'd feel so soft, and as the photos show, they drape beautifully. Fingers crossed your Internet connection improves. Thanks for the link back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made several make up bags (zippered pouches) this Christmas.

      Delete
  8. I love that you used the saris. Of course, Venetia could make anything look good but these really are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these are just beautiful! The fabric and colours- and model of course! - are all gorgeous. Belated happy new year to you too Sally X

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!